Safe Harbor vs Binding Corporate Rules
Binding Corporate Rules (BCRs) are often used as an alternative to participation in the US-EU Safe Harbor program.
The cost of BCRs can be prohibitive, usually starting at approximately $80,000 and taking approximately 12 months to complete.
Furthermore, with the decline in the Safe Harbor program, and the creation of Privacy Shield, BCRs are now seemed as an older mechanism of approval, with a number of EU data protection agencies questioning its validity.
- Privacy policies for Children
- Safe Harbor Certification
- The Importance of Safe Harbor Certification
- Privacy Breach
- NHS care.data delayed - updated
- CASL - Canadian Anti Spam Legislation
- Changes to Safe Harbor certification
- Facebook Instant Personalization
- Safe Harbor vs Binding Corporate Rules
- Safe Harbor 2.0
- GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation
- Difference between GDPR and ePrivacy regulation